The good news is that we’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award! The bad news is that you probably have no idea what that is.
Madi, the kind soul over at The Restless Worker, nominated us for this blogging award and we are happy to accept. She is a part-time traveling millennial that is restless in her job. Sound familiar? We are not millennials, but completely get the restless part. She has the typical American 3 weeks of vacation and works on stretching that as far as she can throughout the year. Thanks Madi!
This award is passed from blogger to blogger in order to recognize their hard work and to help readers, like yourselves, find new blogs to follow.
So here it goes. Here are the 10 questions that were asked:
1. Are you a sun chaser or a snow lover?
A little bit of both, but we tend to pick vacations that coincide with warm weather. We love to hike and be outdoors but love relaxing at a pool or the beach just the same.
2. Where did your blog name come from?
Our celebrity name but of course! Dave + Angela = DANG. We thought it was pretty catchy.
3. What is your favorite blog post and why?
My favorite article is 16 Things I Wish I Knew Sooner – Letter to My Younger Self. It was a self-reflective post about the things I’ve learned over the years. Dave’s favorite article is Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Truck Camping. We get some strange looks when we tell people we sleep in our car sometimes!
4. What was your favorite destination in 2015?
I would have to say our favorite destination was Dubrovnik, Croatia. It felt like we were walking around a town right out of the medieval times. We loved the walled city, the gorgeous views of the Adriatic and the lovely squares.
5. Do you have any travel plans for 2016? What are they?
We have a few trips in the works but the biggest and most amazing one for this year is our 3 month road trip this summer to 10 (and still counting) National Parks across the United States and Canada. We are in the middle of the planning stages right now and are really excited about it.
6. What do you collect from your travels besides memories?
We used to collect ornaments but when selling our home and traveling like nomads began floating around in our heads as one day being an option, I stopped.
7. Where would you live if you could no longer travel?
That’s a funny question because everywhere we go Dave says, “I could see us living here.” He would love to move to Florida, I don’t really have a place picked out just yet. My family and friends are the only thing keeping me in Chicago right now. If I could have my cake and eat it too or if I won that big lottery the other day. I would have a place somewhere warm in the winter and comfortable in the summer.
8. What is your favorite travel photo you’ve taken?
Only one out of all of our trips? That is way too hard to choose so I’ll give you a favorite from this past year from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
9. What made you start blogging?
We write to share our experiences and hope to inspire others to travel more. Over the years we’ve had many friends and family ask advice on where to go or what to do. We found we loved sharing our stories and helping them plan their trips.
10. Where do you currently live?
As of right now our home is in the Chicago suburbs.
11. What blogger do you look up to?
Fellow bloggers we nominate for the Liebster Award:
Jamie | Travel, Pray, Love
Joe | Globetrotter Joe
Brianna | Archives of Adventure
Stephanie | Stephanie Smolders
Sarah | My Gipsy Soul
Janey | Little Wanderlust Stories
Arfan | Destination Unbound
Aimee | Snap Happy Travels
WeiLe | Traveling TakaTaka
Ludek | Coddiwompling
As part of the nomination, the rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions they asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominees.
- Choose your own nominees and let them know about the nomination.
Questions to answer:
- If you had to describe your blog in three words what would they be?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Do you have a significant other? If so, how did you meet?
- Do you travel full-time or part-time?
- What was your first big travel adventure?
- What is your next travel destination?
- Who is your favorite person you met while traveling and why?
- What are the three must-haves in your bag when you travel?
- What is your favorite mode of transportation?
If you had to give one piece of advice to someone who wants to travel more, what would it be?
Thanks again to The Restless Worker for the nomination, we really appreciate it!
What blogs do you follow?
Like it? Pin it!